The Old Farmhouse
On the 26th day of December 1804 by way of crown patent from King George the 3rd, Timothy Rogers acquired the 400 acre farm known as lot 2 concession 2 in the town of East Gwillimbury. Patents were granted to facilitate settlement of the area by Pennsylvania Quarkers. Deeply religious, the Quakers congregated to pray in silence at the meeting house which still stands on Yonge Street. One of the congregants, a Mr. David Wilson who arrived in the area by crossing Lake Ontario by row boat with his wife and two children, felt song and music should be part of prayer meetings. Mr. Wilson with five other families formed the Children of Peace and built the Sharon temple on his farm just down the road from Timothy Rogers farm. Mr. Rogers had twenty children. The lands remained in the family until February 3rd 1917, when it was sold to the Glover family for the handsome sum of $800. (The Rogers name continues today - as the Rogers Empire). Fast forward almost two hundred years from the original settlement date to the year 1998 when Elio Radocchia took this quaint old house and transformed it from a life long dream into a beautiful reality. Enjoy your stay at our house, make yourself at home. IF ONLY THESE WALLS COULD TALK?